St. Padre Pio Veneration
We are excited to welcome relics of popular 20th century Capuchin priest and spiritual father St. Padre Pio. St. Rita Parish will receive his relics on Wednesday, October 4th, the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi.
These relics of Saint Pio will be available for public veneration:
- St. Pio's glove
- St. Pio's crusts of the wounds
- Cotton-gauze with St. Pio's blood stains
- A lock of St. Pio's hair
- St. Pio's mantle
- St. Pio's handkerchief soaked with his sweat hours before he died
Our relic veneration is part of a national tour sponsored by the St. Pio Foundation. For more information on the U.S. tour, go to their website.
October 4th Schedule
- 7:00am - Morning Prayer with the Reception of the Relics
- 8:30am - School Mass for St. Rita Elementary School, Dominican High School, and Xavier University students (not open to the public due to seating limitations)
- 9:30am-5:30pm - Public Veneration of the Relics
- 6:00pm - Mass in Honor of St. Padre Pio Celebrated by Most Rev. Gregory Aymond, archbishop of New Orleans (reserved seating for St. Rita Parishioners in the central nave, all else is open to first arriving)
Official Prayer Card for St. Pio's Veneration (click on images for full-sized)